Before Elsa was born, Errol and I set the goal that we would like a stamp in her passport before she turned 1. Mission accomplished...her first stamp is from Mexico. We just got back from 6 days in Tulum Mexico. It was something...a vacation no, but an adventure yes.
Things started out great, she was a super champ on the flight there. Not surprising, this was her 5th flight so she is an old pro. The flying gods even managed to free up a seat next to us so we had the whole row to play in. She even slept for 45 mins...this is
unheard of!
We arrive in Cancun and go out to find the transport that will take us the 2 hour drive to Tulum. Again, travel gods were with us and they only charged us half of what was quoted b/c they felt bad charging so much for a baby. WooHoo!
15 minutes from our all inclusive resort (never in our lives did we think we would stay in one of these pre-baby) the travel gods got pissed. Elsa puked all over herself, car-seat and toys. I am talking so much puke that it soaked through her car-seat on to the actual seat of the car. Gross. So like the parents of the year that we are, we let her sit in it until we reached our destination. Double gross.
And so the saga of Elsa puking all over everything for 6 days begins....she was sick the whole time. We contemplated taking her to a doctor, but she was playing, clapping and being a crabby version of her normal self. She also continued to eat and drink, much less than normal, and the amount she puked up was less than she consumed so we decided against it and just hung out in our room...ALOT.
Our room was huge, and thankfully so was the bathroom. Why did I tell you that? Oh, because thats where we put Elsa's crib. Again, did I mention we are parents of the year? The only problem with this plan was that we couldn't use the bathroom after 6pm. I will mention that our room did have a balcony with a hot tub. Thats all I'll say about that.
We did get to visit the ruins in Tulum, and although not as impressive as Tikal in Guatemala, the fact it was built over looking the ocean was quite stunning.
The trip ended with Elsa screaming for about 1o hours straight on the way home. Oh, and one last major puke in daddy's lap in row 28 for good measure 45 minutes before we landed.
2 comments:
omg, i was laughing so hard after reading this! crib in the bathroom? had to have been errol's idea......
I just laughed so hard at this post that I woke up Abigail . . . ha! Then I felt badly laughing - I am so sorry for little Elsa (and mom and dad) - I hadn't heard about the trip yet, I can't believe how sick she got. Yuck. Awesome writing though - car seat, crib in the bathroom, puke clean up in row 28?! Ay dios mio!!
Post a Comment